Sunday, June 30, 2013

One Year Blogaversary!

Hard to believe, but it was one year ago today that I put into action the plan to blog about food. A lot has changed in that year. I made the decision to pursue becoming a chef. The classes I've taken have only confirmed that I have found a path that fits me.

Thought I'd share some statistics. Including this one, I've made 142 posts, with more than 7,100 views. The busiest month has been this one, with already over 1,300 views. Which is cool, because it means my readership is still going up. The most viewed post was the one about last falls Black Hat Tea. Facebook had the largest number of referrals to my site, with Google close behind. While about 80% of my views are from the US, there are some countries with a fair number. Russia is the largest non-US country, but I am disqualifying it, because a significant portion of that is spam attempts. That leaves the UK as the number one non-US country, closely followed by Germany.

I can't begin to tell you how much I've appreciated everyone that has read my ramblings over the last year. I hope you have benefited from my experiments in food. I'd love to see more comments in the future, maybe get some real conversations going.

For the one year anniversary, I'd like to announce a contest. I'd love a spiffy banner to go over the top of the blog. I have no design skills whatsoever. I'm hoping my friends and readers out there can help. I'm offering a meal for four, to be negotiated, for the winning banner. You must be within a 3 hour drive of San Diego, or someplace like Las Vegas, where I visit regularly, to claim your prize. I'll do breakfast, lunch, tea, or dinner.

Thanks again for reading, it has been an incredible journey so far, and I expect it to only continue to get better from here!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment