Monday, January 28, 2013

Turkey and Stuffing Omelets

I love omelets. They are one of those blank slates one can do almost anything with. I first heard of the concept of a stuffing omelet from an appearance of Sam the Cooking Guy on the Dave, Shelley, and Chainsaw Show. I thought the idea was so intriguing, I had to try it. I love stuffing. It is my number one comfort food.

The omelet is both simple, and slightly tricky to do well. Getting the pan temperature just right is critical. Too hot, and it will burn on the bottom before the top cooks and the cheese melts.  Too cool, and it doesn't brown properly.

Turkey and Stuffing Omelet

2 eggs
1 tsp. milk
1/2 cup diced turkey
1/2 cup leftover stuffing
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. water

In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture, swirl to get an even coating. Layer cheese, turkey, and stuffing on one half of the omelet. Put water in along edge of pan, and cover. Once top is cooked, cheese is melted, and filling hot, fold omelet and move to a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment